Sage Monkey

Sage Monkey

Monday, May 9, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Cleo had training this past Saturday for her AKC Senior Hunt Test. I was unable to attend. Boo. A fellow female muay thai fighter from New York came down to Pennsylvania this weekend to train with me. Both of us have fights coming up. It was a two day event filled with lots of sparring and lots of laughter. So Jim ended up taking Cleo to train with Bob Corsaro solo.

I was informed that Cleo completed a duck drag and retrieved to hand without playing with the duck. Score! I know that she also honored and stayed steady to the shot. Jim said she did get a little rammy and wanted to go so I know he will be working with her this week. He also reported back that she was retrieving the dead duck thrown into the pond about 95% of the time. The other 5% she wanted to play with it. Two steps forward, one step back but were still heading in the right direction.

The weekend wasn't all training. Sunday, Jim and I spent the day hauling dirt and fully landscaping the front of our house. Cleo of course was helpy helperton. I spent all week chasing her off the tarped dirt pile pictured above. If unwatched she would peel back the blue tarp and dig like crazy throwing our clean fill all over the place. As soon as the tarp was off she felt she had an open invitation to help herself.

I know your all thinking it so I'm gonna say it. Jimbo's looking a little pale. Lol. Think we all are after the winter. Anyway she assisted in other ways as usual.

Like removing rocks and landscaping tags out of the buckets
 And trying to eat the roll of fabric that covers the dirt
But she did behave herself for the most part. You never know with her though sometimes she can be the devil with spots.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious what ecollar you have found works best. We have two 18 month old gsp (male and female litter mates) and are ready to get them out in the field. I know it is a bit late, but figured I'd ask.