Sage Monkey

Sage Monkey

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Frosty Paws!

I know it's hot out when Cleo doesn't really want to go outside. Unless there is a squirrel or a three legged cat sitting on our deck she's not leaving the cool comfort of the hardwood floors. So I'm left being creative to keep her cool. One or two days a week we rock the doggie pool, I take her to local ponds or let her run in the creek by our house. She also LOVES being squirted with the hose but if do you anything with her to much she gets bored. She loves eating ice cubes so just to switch it up I make her homemade peanut butter frosty paws. They are super easy to make and I know they are good for her because I know whats in them.

Peanut Butter Frosty Paws

What you need:
~1 32oz. All natural plain nonfat yogurt
~1 Tbsp of honey
~1 Cup of peanut butter

1. Place the yogurt in a bowl. Whisk in the honey and then whisk in the peanut butter until smooth.



2. Then use a ladle and fill two ice cube trays. Place the filled trays in the freezer until fully frozen.


It's even yummy before it's frozen!

When your ready to give your pup a frozen treat just pop one out of the ice cube tray! They will last for a  few weeks frozen but I'm pretty sure they won't last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment