Sage Monkey

Sage Monkey

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home is Where the Dog is



That's a poor quality picture of me saying goodbye to Cleo when I left on a business trip the other morning. I'll be gone for a total of 5 days. Actually, I hope its only 5 days. My fingers are crossed that this stupid hurricane doesn't force me to spend a night in some airport somewhere on my return trip home. But when ever I have to travel I miss that dog something awful. Don't get me wrong, I miss my kitties like crazy and my Jimmy too. But its her antics and warm snuggles in the morning that make me always miss home a little bit more.

I do have to say that my company puts me up in some super cool places though. This is the pic I snapped while eating my breakfast this morning in Arizona.


But I'd give anything to have a little doggie love. I spend every return trip home feeling that I would just give anything I have to snuggle her and see her wag that short little tail. It warms my heart knowing that when I get home she will be velcro'd to me for a day or too. So will the cats. My first few hours home when I return will be spent with the pets jockeying each other for position to receive there snuggles and love. Oh how I miss my little family unit when I am away. I'll stop whining now since I really am in a swank resort with paradise like scenery and cold margaritas.

As an aside, I spoke to Jimmy today and he had Cleopatra out on a duck search this morning. He said she searched for a solid 15 minutes and then brought the duck back. I thought it was GREAT news! Yay Doggie. We have a few more weeks of prep left then its time for the NAVHDA UT Test. He has also been working on her steadiness with some pigeons and she is making good progress.

P.S. I miss my Cleopotamus!! My spotted dog love!

P.S.S. I lied when I said I was going to stop whining.

P.S.S.S. I think that last P.S.S. was the wine talking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment