Sage Monkey

Sage Monkey

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Little Redemption For a Spotted Someone....


So last weekend Cleo kinda bombed. Aside from a perfect duck drag she failed to stay steady, she didn't whoa and she chased birds. It was like she lost traction and regressed. So frustrating. So this week we went back to basics and did allot of steady work with pigeons. I'm happy to report it paid off!

 
Jim and Bob had Cleo out on more pigeons today in NJ and she did so much better. Which makes Jim happy which inadvertently makes me happy. And besides, Cleo got to do what Cleo loves the most which is find birds.

Also, on the way home Jim stopped in Tannersville, PA and picked up some ducks. Since Cleo is testing for her NAVHDA UT test in a month or so we need to get her out on duck searches as much as possible. We taped up some ducks and headed over to a local pond tonight to give it a shot but as soon as we arrived so did the rain and lightening. So we un-taped the ducks to Cleo's disappointment and resolved to enjoy some wine instead. Jim has since solicited the help of his brother Bob and they will be conducting duck searches first thing in the morning. Fingers crossed....Cleo has a lot of ground to cover in the next couple of weeks for this test.

As an aside, I would like to point out and share with you what I woke up to this morning. It filled me with so much hate. Please see below.

This is the first shoe casualty in months!! I only got to wear them 3 times!! I was so mad at her. I would only refer to Cleo all day as the spotted monstrosity....trust me it's a well deserved nickname. Bad Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment