Sage Monkey

Sage Monkey

Sunday, June 5, 2011

German Shorthaired Pointer + Chipmunk in Woodpile = Obsession


This morning while Cleo was patrolling our yard she saw a chipmunk scurry off into one of our woodpiles. So basically the entire day has revolved around her trying to get into the pile and me trying to get her away from it. Once she gets her mind set to something its futile to try and change it.



I am in no way exaggerating when I say she has spent at least three hours of her time today trying to get to that Chipmunk. The cycle goes something like this: Cleo barks like crazy, enough that I have to walk back and get her to stop so she doesn't annoy the neighbors, I walk back and she's on point, I drag her away and within minutes she's right back at the woodpile.


The only thing that keeps her away from that woodpile for any amount of time is her squirrel chasing. I've blogged about that in past posts. You can read about that here: Spring Fever!



Thank god she can't climb trees or I'd be in real trouble. She has such immense prey drive. When I picked her up from daycare on Friday Ryan told me she found a snapping turtle from about 15 feet away through a fence. He said she barked like hell till he came and got it. It made me laugh. He said not one other dog there even noticed it. If it has feathers, fur or shells she'll find it!   

1 comment:

  1. Love this stuff....def same instincts. Scout caught a squirrel this week....brought the bloody mess inside before we could stop him. I found the head hours later under the table!

    ReplyDelete